Perth's wall and floor tilers specialize in placing clay, ceramics, marble slate, and glass tiles on indoor and outdoor surfaces for protective and decorative purposes. This trade has seen a lot of growth in the past few years and is a suitable job for those who enjoy practical tasks with elements of creativity.
General assignments and responsibilities
Tasks you can expect to encounter as a tiler include:
Check and interpret plans
- Inspecting and interpreting plans
- Laying out work while measuring and marking surfaces
- Preparing work areas on floors and walls by removing old tiles, adhesive, and grout; filling gaps, crack, and holes; and ensuring all surfaces are clean
- Applying adhesive to tiles and surfaces before positioning tiles
- Making tiles lie flush with corners, edges, pipes, and fittings using tile-cutting tools
- Ensuring all tiles are spaced and aligned correctly
You can check out more services offered by wall and floor tilers in Perth on https://guntiling.com.au/
When it comes to education and training, III or IV certificates are the most common level qualifications obtained by wall and floor tilers to build the knowledge and skills needed for success in the industry. Some choose to upskill with additional courses throughout their careers, especially when choosing to start their own business.
Courses may include some theoretical components but will usually take a fairly hands-on approach to education. This helps the individual become familiar with the typical working environment while developing the critical thinking and communication skills necessary to thrive in the industry.